RE: [xsl] Proposed syntax for namespace binding in XPath

Subject: RE: [xsl] Proposed syntax for namespace binding in XPath
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:10:19 +0100
That's all detail to be worked out.

It turns out that using comments has the same disadvantages as they had with
the original XQuery pragma syntax: they're handled in the tokenizer which
has no knowledge of the syntactic context. So I may look at using a
different delimiter after all. But I was thinking of recognizing this syntax
only if it occurs right at the start of the expression.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/