Re: [xsl] Is there a way to skip non-numerical data while formatting numbers?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is there a way to skip non-numerical data while formatting numbers?
From: "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi.sub@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:49:40 -0400
David,

Thank you for the very useful tip.

I tried the following (with some variations):

<xsl:decimal-format name="currency_format" NaN=""/>

<xsl:value-of select="format-number(number(price),
'##,##,.00',currency_format)"/>

but the above is throwing a
SystemId Unknown; Line #58; Column #102; java.lang.RuntimeException:
ElemTemplateElement error: Malformed format string: ##,##,,00 on
Xalan XSLT 1.0 parser.

I wasn't getting the above error before (when I didn't use the
decimal-format option inside the format-number function.

It could be possible that this is a bug in Xalan according to this post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xml-xalan-cvs/200102.mbox/%3C20010215213041.1778.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx%3E

I will check with the Xalan mailing list if it is their bug.

-Rashmi