Re: [xsl] Identifying Namespace Declaration

Subject: Re: [xsl] Identifying Namespace Declaration
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:53:06 +0200
Thangavelu Srinivasan wrote:
Hi Folks

I am using customized namespace for my XSL. I am using libxml to parse.
How to identify that namespace whether its working or not.
In my case, URI defined in the namespace which is not connecting to
that website (i have checked the website in the separate browser). so
what does it mean?
How does XSL works if namespace defined in that particular URI
(http://) goes offline?

Any suggestions are welcome

This is a general XML namespaces question. Check here for a FAQ and many insights: http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/NamespacesFAQ.htm

The URI for a namespace is just a name, the choice for a URI is done because it is easily made universally and globally unique (check the web for pros and cons of this). It can be of the form of a URL, but it is not supposed to link to any existing location. There is no parser around that will ever check the (possible) physical location of a namespace URI. Only very few namespace URIs will actually point to an existing online location.

A question: why would you want to customize the XSLT namespace? It won't be XSLT anymore.

Cheers,

-- Abel Braaksma