[xsl] XSLT Dead?

Subject: [xsl] XSLT Dead?
From: "Karl Stubsjoen" <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:57:49 -0700
My colleagues and I often have discussions about which technologies to
use to solve different business needs.  Since I am a huge XSLT fan,
they know I have a bias for this technology, and they are always, no
let me express this properly, they are ALWAYS giving me a hard time
for it.
Well, in a recent conversation about technologies, one of them goes
for the kill and throws out this doozy:

   I can just sum it up for you:
   <xsl:apply-templates select="DeadTechnology" />

So, is XSLT dead? I guess to put things into context a bit; does the rule which MS has over so many developers, the drag and drop GUI designer and ready made solutions in a box, does this suggest that XSLT is a dying technology?

Karl..