Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 01:03:13 +0200
Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
> So, is XSLT dead?

If they want to make statements that can be rationally debated, then we
could have an interesting discussion. But if they just want to throw
insults, there's not much point discussing it.

How about the discussion of build vs. buy, specifically:

Build an XML/XSL web "semantic" solution (pros/cons) over purchasing a
.NET GUI drag and drop solution??

If I'd design a new gui for my website (which is in dire need of one), I'd use Dreamweaver or anything similar. Once I have a new design, I adopt it to make use of my CMS, using XML + XSLT etc. Usually that means writing HTML / CSS by hand, but having a graphic gui drag/drop tool for helping me visually is something I find very valuable.

Combine the techniques you've mastered to make your life easier, not harder and learn new techniques when you think the current are not fit for the job.