Re: [xsl] How Can I Reference previous XML in Subsequent Iterations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How Can I Reference previous XML in Subsequent Iterations?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:44:11 +0100
> The main issues I have with the way XSLT
> works is with the way states change all the time. For example, if I
> want to compare a value to the value of the previous iteration in an
> xsl:for-each loop,

The way that is phrased shows that you haven't really absorbed the xslt
processing model. there is no assumption that the nodes selected by the
select statement in a xsl:for-each are processed in any order. They can
be processed in any order, and in particular they can be processed in
parallel. thus the fact that you can not copy state changes from one
iteration to another is not some arbitrary restriction on the language,
it is just a natural consequence of the processing model.

David