Re: [xsl] Ambiguous rule match for

Subject: Re: [xsl] Ambiguous rule match for
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:49:17 +0530
I sometimes solve this problem by setting priority to the template.

<xsl:template match="text:p[@text:style-name='p_5f_pre']" priority="10">

Setting an arbitrary high priority will make sure, that this template
rule will be selected.

On 4/19/07, Michael B Allen <mba2000@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have an 'ambiguous rule' problem that I'm not sure how to fix.

I have two templates matching rules. One that is fairly elaborate
(what it does is not important):

<xsl:template match="text:p[@text:style-name='p_5f_pre' and not(preceding-sibling::*[1][@text:style-name='p_5f_pre'])]">

and one that is very simple:

<xsl:template match="text:p">

The problem is that both of these templates match the input so it get's
duped in the output.

If I try to add a third template that outputs nothing like:

<xsl:template match="text:p[@text:style-name='p_5f_pre']">

I get 'Ambiguous rule match for' errors.

This seems like an impossible situation. Any ideas as to how I can
dodge this?

I'm using Saxon 8.

Mike

--