Re: [xsl] tag and attribute statistics attached with node sequence

Subject: Re: [xsl] tag and attribute statistics attached with node sequence
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:18:38 +0200
fatma helmy wrote:
Dear all
can i ask a question on XSLT ? pls, if this group is
not interested in xslt,

This group is called "xsl-list" with a reason: we all *love* xslt, you are at the right spot!

the above xslt produces a statistics on tag counts
for example suppose i have this xml
<bookstore>
<book>
<book>
<author> mary </author>
</book>
</bookstore>

the following statistics will be
<tag> author </tag>
repeted twice in the path book/author
it has the following value john and mary
what i need is to add instruction that would give the
following
<tag> author </tag>
repeted twice in the path book/author
it has the following value john in the first book and
mary in the second book

Unfortunately, you seem to be using extension functions and we cannot run a stylesheet with extension functions if we don't have the code and/or processor that supports these extension functions. It appears to me that these extension functions where written by yourself. Can you perhaps provide us with a minimal stylesheet that illustrates your problem? I don't suppose all 250+ lines are relevant to your issue, are they? And make sure this minimized sample works, but without your extension instructions, if possible.

On the other hand, it seems from the names of your extensions and the structure of the stylesheet that what you are trying to achieve can also be achieved much easier with XSLT 1.0 alone.

What XSLT processor are you using?

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma