RE: [xsl] Generating JSP/JSTL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Generating JSP/JSTL
From: "Kai Weber" <weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:49:46 +0200
* From: Abel Braaksma [mailto:abel.online@xxxxxxxxx]

> Still, when using JSTL and JSP, this is not going to help
> you, because JSTL requires the namespace to be bound and the XML to be

> legal. I'd be very interested to know why the OP wants a type of XML
that
> is not going to work anyway...

Because the result is only part of a whole XML/JSTL file, which already
has the correct namespace declaration. Here in pseudo jsp-code:

<jsp:root
   xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page";
   xmlns:x="http://xml"; version="2.0">

<x:var var="foo">
	<x:transform xml="doc1.xml" xslt="doc.xslt"/>
	<h1>Foo Caption</h1>
	<x:transform xml="doc2.xml" xslt="doc.xslt"/>
</x:var>
<x:savetodisk file="foo.jsp" value="foo" />
</jsp:root>

The resulting document is written to disk and transfered to another
application server. What I do is creating a JSP from JSP with the help
from some XSLT. This is a restriction of the application I have to use.
All would be better if I could create the whole JSP from the XML:

<jsp:root
   xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page";
   xmlns:x="http://xml"; version="2.0">

<x:transform xml="doc2.xml" xslt="doc.xslt" var="foo"/>
<x:savetodisk file="foo.jsp" value="foo" />
</jsp:root>

Maybe someone has an idea.

Regards, Kai