Re: [xsl] Modify Variable value

Subject: Re: [xsl] Modify Variable value
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 01:28:20 +0100
> Please let me know if you have any work around for the same.

saying "workaround" implies that there is some restriction or problem
that needs to be avoided. The fact that variables once bound don't
change their value isn't a restriction (it's the natural behaviour in
declarative languages, which are provably just as expressive as
imperative ones)

You don't show any variables or where you need aother value, so it's hard
to suggest code.

You show part of an xsl:for-each but don't say what result it produces,
or what result you want. maybe you just want
<xsl:variable name="plural" select="(//LINE_ITEM[WARN_HG = YG'][generate-id() =
	generate-id(key('by-product-number', PRODUCT_NUMBER)[1])])[2]"/>

and then word<xsl:if test="$plural">s</xsl:if>  but I'm just guessing.

David