RE: [xsl] XSL History

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL History
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:44:40 +0100
Since 1999 XSLT and XSL-FO have been developed very independently of each
other. Technically they are developed by the same Working Group (the XSL
Working Group) but this is a convenient fiction: in practice there are two
separate subgroups that meet separately, with only one or two members
(including the chair) in common, and there are very few dependencies between
the work of the two groups.

So you can ask about the history of XSLT or about the history of XSL-FO, but
it's a mistake to treat the two as strongly related.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/