Re: [xsl] How is memory allocated in recursive XSLT templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How is memory allocated in recursive XSLT templates?
From: "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi.sub@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 20:00:40 -0400
On 5/2/07, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It could be the memory space available to hold the longest
> number is limited, and not particularly the recursive depth.
> Although I could be wrong, because I know little.

Saxon uses Java's BigInteger. Arithmetic performance will become impossibly
slow long before you hit the size limits on a BigInteger.

It appears to me that BigInteger doesn't really have a limit because by increasing the memory, the calculation of even larger factorials (larger than 10446) becomes possible with Saxon.

I won't try to calculate the limit as I don't want to burn the RAM :-)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-Regards Rashmi