RE: [xsl] Embedding an SSI echo in an XML attribute

Subject: RE: [xsl] Embedding an SSI echo in an XML attribute
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:32:21 +0100
There's never a clean way to generate invalid XML. In XSLT 2.0 you can
achieve this using character maps: map a couple of private-use-area
characters to the strings "<!--" and "-->". This should at least mean that
you can generate a proper element and attribute node. But you're still
dependent on the transformation phase being immediately followed by
serialization.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/