[xsl] "re-calling" a template from <a> anchor

Subject: [xsl] "re-calling" a template from <a> anchor
From: Vaduvoiu Tiberiu <vaduvoiutibi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 00:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to "re-call" a template from an anchor? something like:

<xsl:template name="test">
    <xsl:param name="howmany" select="5">
        <xsl:value-of select="parent/child[position()>$howmany]/>
                <a><xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:call-template name="test"><xsl:with-parameter name=howmany select=10></....</a>

I tried it but I get an Http error 500. So I'm trying to display a fixed number(e.g. 5) of elements and have a link wich when clicked displays the next 5 elements let's say. The only way I figured to do it was to call the same template but I can't make it work. Anyone have any solution? 10x

P.S. I am using Cocoon as framework but I found no forums with cocoon discussions on the net and on their mail list is not very frequented. I thought maybe someone here can give me an ideea on how to make this work. 10x