RE: [xsl] Compatibility Question

Subject: RE: [xsl] Compatibility Question
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:16:09 +0100
XSLT 1.0 says in section 5.7:

If xsl:template does not have a match attribute, it must not have a mode
attribute.

It's a rather arbitrary rule, because in many similar cases redundant
attributes are simply ignored: but it's there.

It should be safe to delete the attribute, since mode has no meaning when
templates are called by name.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/