Re: [xsl] RE: Replacing the space character with another character

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Replacing the space character with another character
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:21:19 +0200
Mark Peters wrote:
Just wondering -- maybe you should be thinking "&amp;" -- do you examine
the raw output of your stylesheet, or view it in a browser?

Do you mean, <xsl:value-of select="translate(.,'&#x20;','&amp;')"/>

No. He means, I think, that it would help us a great deal if you show us the exact results (only relevant bits please) that you get from applying the template that David suggested. You should get something like:

  old[with spaces]
  new[with&amp;spaces]

if you view it in the browser (like Mark suggests), it likely looks more like this, but is actually the rendered result of your output:

old[with spaces] new[with&spaces]

After removing old/new, you should, of course, get "with&amp;spaces". If this latter is not correct, then we'd like to see a full stylesheet (small example please) plus a small input XML that reproduces this behavior with the processor you use.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma