Re: [xsl] Formatting string

Subject: Re: [xsl] Formatting string
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:08:40 +0200
Something like:

<xsl:sequence select="replace($input, '[A-Z]', '$0 ')" />

Or, more precisely (Lu are all possible uppercase letters, including the ones with diacritics etc):
<xsl:sequence select="replace($input, '\p{Lu}', '$0 ')" />

If you have to stick to XSLT 1.0, you can use any of the search/replace algorithms available. Here's one from Jeni Tennison: http://www.exslt.org/str/functions/replace/str.replace.function.xsl. Perhaps your processor supports some or more of the EXSLT functions: http://www.exslt.org/str

HTH,
Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

Babu Eswaramoorthy wrote:
Hi All,

Is there any way to add a space before Capital letters of a string?

for example my input string is "BankersGuarantee" and I want the result
as "Bankers Guarantee"
Another example..... the input string is "BankOfAmerica" and I want the
result as "Bank Of America"

Can anyone help me to implement the above logic in xsl.

Thanks in advance,
Babu