Re: [xsl] Retrieve images from a RSS feed

Subject: Re: [xsl] Retrieve images from a RSS feed
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 13:55:35 -0600
On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:12:32 -0600, M. David Peterson
<m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<xsl:variable name="file"

select="file:SaveExternalFile('http://s3.amazonaws.com/m.david/xslt/eveel_pla
n/XSLnT.png',
'/tmp/foo.png')"

xmlns:file="clitype:Xameleon.Function.HttpFileStream?asm=Xameleon;ver=1.0.0.0
;sn=8974f7aaf62d3d0f"/>

Correction: This should have been <xsl:value-of select="..."
xmlns:file="..."/> for it to properly invoke the function.  I've also
discovered that if you want to ensure you are using the version of an
assembly you intend to be using, regardless of whether it is in the GAC or
not, use the 'from' query string parameter to explicity tell Saxon to "use
*this* assembly."  For example,

<xsl:value-of
    select="file:SaveExternalFile('http://s3.amazonaws.com/m.david/xslt/evee
l_plan/XSLnT.png',
'/tmp/foo.png')"
    xmlns:file="clitype:Xameleon.Function.HttpFileStream?asm=Xameleon;ver=1.
0.0.0;sn=8974f7aaf62d3d0f;from=/srv/wwwroot/webapp/bin/Xameleon.dll"/>

I've now got this working via an ASP.NET-based application (something in
which I didn't have working properly less than an hour ago) which means
I'm quite a bit closer to having things buttoned up into a usable
"plug-and-play" web application than I thought I was when I wrote the
initial response.  Still won't be today or tomorrow, but definitely sooner
rather than later (like << that really helps nail things down! ;-))

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |