Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 22:39:05 +0100
> Coming from the other direction, you can embed your XML data into your
> XML-based XSLT file, and then access it via the document() function (e.g.
> document('')/*/ext:my-embedded-data would gain you access to the node-set
> inside of your XSLT file who's parent element was
> ext:my-embedded-data**)
>
> The above will work on any XSLT 1.0 processor.
>
> Except Opera.

as a (usually more efficient) alternative to document('')/// you can of
course use
<xsl:variable name="x-">
 my mbedded doc
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="x" select="exslt:node-set($x-)"/>

which should also work in opera, just beware of white space parsing
differences (which can be avoided with xml:space) when parsing a
document as part of the stylesheet .

David