[xsl] replace

Subject: [xsl] replace
From: "Charles Ohana" <charles.ohana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:28:03 -0400
Hello,
I'm sorry, I know this question has been asked several times but ... After searching everywhere I could not get the replace function working.
See my code below you'll see what I'm trying to accomplish. All I need is a simple working example that is replacing a pattern withing a value.
Any hint would be appreciated. I'm using SAXON 6.5.5 (java -jar saxon.jar)

Thank you

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<stylesheet xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
           xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/Strings"; version="1.0"
           extension-element-prefixes="str">

<import href="functions/replace/str.replace.xsl"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:call-template name="str:replace">
  <xsl:with-param name="string" select="/root/@description" />
  <xsl:with-param name="search" select="a" />
  <xsl:with-param name="replace" select="b" />
</xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>