Re: [xsl] Clarifying mode and built-in template usage

Subject: Re: [xsl] Clarifying mode and built-in template usage
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:55:03 +0200 (CEST)
"Bjorndahl, Brad" wrote:

  Hi

> The output looks correct to me except the last block for
> mode M3.  Apparently the built-in template for "*" was
> used for processing in mode M3, which does not exist.

  [XSLT20] '6.6 says:

    The built-in template rules apply to all modes.

    The built-in rule for document nodes and element nodes
    is equivalent to calling xsl:apply-templates with no
    select attribute, and with the mode attribute set to
    #current. If the built-in rule was invoked with
    parameters, those parameters are passed on in the
    implicit xsl:apply-templates instruction.

  So you can think about the following pseudo-code:

    <xsl:template match="*|document-node()" mode="#all">
      <accept any param>
      <xsl:apply-templates mode="#current">
        <forward any received param>
      </xsl:apply-templates>
    </xsl:template>

  Regards,

--drkm

Dicouvrez une nouvelle fagon d'obtenir des riponses ` toutes vos questions !
Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expiriences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Riponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com