Re: [xsl] creating rss in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating rss in xsl
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:27:57 +0200
Vaduvoiu Tiberiu wrote:

I need to do an rss for the different categories of the news. So i
would have a sports.xml where all the news with category=sport would
be, a politics.xml with the news from politics, etc Now, sorting the
news is not the problem. But I'm not sure how should the sports.xml,
politics.xml files should be "created"?? Should I create the files
manually and after that populate them with the data I want or should
this be done in xsl? this is the first time I have to create an rss
and I'm a little unsure on how to do it.

If you use XSLT 2.0 then you can use xsl:result-document to create several result documents with one transformation. So I am not sure what the criteria are whether it "should" be done with XSLT but it certainly "could" be done with XSLT 2.0.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/