Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>

Subject: Re: [xsl] <quote>XSL is NOT easy</quote>
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:14:35 +0100
From: Nic James Ferrier <nferrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey! I'm a self taught amateur too! (Actually, I'm not sure who
isn't).

Well, I for one (I'm a self-taught professional).

I think XSLT is quite good for non-programmers, it's programmers with some experience of other things that find it really difficult I've found.

I always find it very surprising that programmers with experience only of imperative languages find taking up a declarative language difficult - after all we were all taught declarative semantics at school - in our mathmatics lessons.

But it is a very common experience - can anyone suggestion why this might be?

Txt a lot? Get Messenger FREE on your mobile. https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/