[xsl] Sorting distinct values

Subject: [xsl] Sorting distinct values
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:47:44 -0400
Hey,

Is there a way I overlooked in XPath to sort a sequence of numbers?

I'm pondering how to pull distinct values from a list, say (0,3,17,4,6,4,3) and get them in sorted order. distinct-values() in Saxon returns me (0,3,17,4,6) but I'd like them as (0,3,4,6,17).

I did manage to do it in XSLT by grouping them by value, sorting the groups, writing out the grouping keys and then tokenizing the resulting string -- but that seems like a long way to do it.

Any ideas for a spiffy short way?

Cheers,
Wendell