Re: [xsl] Issue with datatypes and standarad namespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] Issue with datatypes and standarad namespaces
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:32:09 -0700
On 7/22/07, Justin Johansson <procode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

With these two namespaces defined on an xsl:stylesheet element (XSLT 2.0)

 xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpath-datatypes";

Is it possible that, with some XSLT 2 processors, xdt:anyAtomicType is a
validly
recognized standard datatype.

Any such XSLT 2.0 processor is not fully compliant.

The namespace you are quoting was in use (and changed its string value
several times) before the XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0 sets of documents
became W3C Recommendations.

FYI, no file in FXSL 2.0 uses the temporary/outdated namespaces.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

Having recently downloaded some XSLT 2 code that the author claimed to work, I attempted to test it with Saxon SA 8.9.0.4.

Saxon SA spat the dummy ( even with schemaaware="false" ) reporting:

[saxon-xslt]   XPST0003: SequenceType syntax error at char 0 in
{xdt:anyAtomicType?}:
[saxon-xslt]     There is no imported schema for namespace
http://www.w3.org/2005/02/xpath-datatypes

I boiled the code down to ( note: as="xdt:anyAtomicType?" ) :-

 <xsl:function name="my:testfunc">
  <xsl:param name="arg" as="xdt:anyAtomicType?"/>
  <xsl:sequence select="$arg"/>
 </xsl:function>

When I changed the above to the following ( note: as="xs:anyAtomicType?" ),
Saxon was happy :-

 <xsl:function name="my:testfunc">
  <xsl:param name="arg" as="xs:anyAtomicType?"/>
  <xsl:sequence select="$arg"/>
 </xsl:function>

I can only conclude that the author must have tested his/her code with a
different XSLT 2 processor.

Thanks to all for your help.

Justin Johansson