[xsl] Antwort: RE: [xsl] bad programming for speedup?

Subject: [xsl] Antwort: RE: [xsl] bad programming for speedup?
From: christoph.naber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:20:28 +0200
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 24.07.2007 12:29:21:

> In trying to reverse-engineer your code, it looks to me as if you are
doing
> a classic "group-adjacent" problem, where a group of adjacent row
elements
> are wrapped in a table element.

thats it!

> The key point I think is that it's usually not necessary. In the vast
> majority of cases there is a way of solving the performance problems
that
> doesn't require you to write bad code.

I think I found one way with your help/hint of recursive templates.

The code:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

        <xsl:template match="/">
                <xsl:apply-templates />
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="*">
                <xsl:copy>
                        <xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
                        <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />
                </xsl:copy>
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="row[position() = 1 or
preceding-sibling::*[name() != 'row' and position() = 1]]" >
                        <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="more2come"/>
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="row" mode="more2come">
                <xsl:copy>
                        <xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
                        <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />
                </xsl:copy>
                <xsl:if test="following-sibling::*[name() = 'row' and
position() = 1]">
                        <xsl:apply-templates
select="following-sibling::row[position() = 1]" mode="more2come" />
                </xsl:if>
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template match="row" >
        </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

It was much easier than the solution with <xsl:key>. But I learned much
about XPath.

Thank you for helping me to find a way..

Christoph Naber

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it. We thank you for your
support.