[xsl] Merging Two Nodesets .. can it be done?

Subject: [xsl] Merging Two Nodesets .. can it be done?
From: "Wasiq Shaikh" <wasiq911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:48:34 -0400
Quick question .. is there a way to merge two node-sets in XSL that have similar structure?

Example Input: (generated output from XSLT)

<X>
  <Y>
     <aaa>
     <Z>
        <bbb>
        <ccc>
     </Z>
  </Y>
  <Y>
     <ddd>
     <eee>
     <Z>
        <fff>
     </Z>
  </Y>
</X>

Desired Output: (This is how I would like to get it in the same XSLT process)

<X>
  <Y>
     <Z>
        <bbb>
        <ccc>
        <fff>
     </Z>
     <aaa>
     <ddd>
     <eee>
  </Y>
</X>

Notice the Y elements are merged, as well as the Z elements.

Is there any function or algorithm out there that can do this in one shot (or at all)? Or do I have to turn this into a two step process by making the generated output an input do another XSL that does the merge?

Thanks for any insight!

W.S

Former Police Officer Paul Gillespies TAKE BACK THE INTERNET tips and tricks, watch the video now http://safety.sympatico.msn.ca/