RE: [xsl] Ranking Random Nodes from Top to Bottom

Subject: RE: [xsl] Ranking Random Nodes from Top to Bottom
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:59:15 +0100
Are "root" and "node" the only element names that appear?

If you had /root[1]/a[3] and /root[1]/b[5], how would you want them sorted?

I would expect that Saxon's alphanumeric collation would do quite a good job
of this:

<xsl:perform-sort select="tokenize(unparsed-text('input.txt'), '\n')">
  <xsl:sort select="."
collation="http://saxon.sf.net/collation?alphanumeric=yes"/>
</xsl:perform-sort>

Michael Kay