Re: [xsl] Linking Variable to the Path

Subject: Re: [xsl] Linking Variable to the Path
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:38:17 +0200
David Carlisle wrote:

I am using Mozilla's Processor !

mozilla doesn't support extension functions (except they finally added exslt:node-set in the test releases of firefox 3)
On their main developer page they also claim to implement the exslt:regex functionality (http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Firefox_3_for_developers#XSLT.2FXPath). On the dev mailing list, they seem to have done a lot more already, but I wonder whether it will make the final build: http://osdir.com/ml/mozilla.devel.layout.xslt/2006-12/msg00007.html.

To the OP: when you want this behavior fixed, the best thing you can do is using a two-phase solution, where you put the XML you want to reparse outside the document. If the XML is a result of a transform, you should save it and do a new transform. If the XML is inside a variable that you can make a global parameter, you can give the XSLT processor a DOM object as parameter (works on IE and FF) which you can use as node-set. Yet another solution is to use your current page and an XML section in conjunction with the document() function (but that depends on how your architecture would allow that).

I assume that many other approaches are thinkable, but the easiest would be to wait until january when FF 3.0 comes out ;)

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma