RE: Re: [xsl] Repetitive variable definitions

Subject: RE: Re: [xsl] Repetitive variable definitions
From: "Whitney, Dan \(CanWest Interactive\)" <DWhitney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:08:26 -0500
Maybe I'm missing something here, but when I try your example with a
slightly revised stylesheet I now get noofcols var always = 1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
version="1.0">
<!-- your example -->
        <xsl:variable name="noofcols"
select="/example/table/tr/td[last()]/@col"/>

        <xsl:variable name="bg-color">
            <xsl:choose>
                <xsl:when test="$noofcols = 1">
                    <xsl:value-of select="'red'"/>
                </xsl:when>
                <xsl:when test="$noofcols = 3">
                    <xsl:value-of select="'blue'"/>
                </xsl:when>
            </xsl:choose>
        </xsl:variable>

 <!-- and added this -->
    <xsl:template match="example">
        <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="table">
                    <xsl:value-of select="@desc"/>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="tr"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="tr">
            <xsl:apply-templates select="td"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="td">
            td col variable = <xsl:value-of select="$noofcols"/>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Daniel Whitney
  CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications
Inc.
  1450 Don Mills Rd
  Don Mills ON M3B 2X7
  Tel: (416) 442-2957