Re: [xsl] variable outside a for-each loop: second try

Subject: Re: [xsl] variable outside a for-each loop: second try
From: "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:04:49 +0200
On 9/20/07, Bjorndahl, Brad <brad.bjorndahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mathieu,
> The transform I sent does not look at the immediately preceding row entry; it looks at the first preceding _non-empty_ row entry.

If I copy paste it I am getting:

Error at xsl:value-of on line 21 of file:/tmp/dummy.xsl:
 Required type of second operand of '/' is node(); supplied value has
type xs:string
Transformation failed: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

Where line 21 is:

<xsl:value-of select="../preceding-sibling::row/entry[position() eq
$position][1]/normalize-space(string-join(para,' '))" />

What does this mean ?

> I can't comment on the rest except to say that I really like the "slightly smarted" expression. It can have meaning at several levels in English.

OOoops. I actually had to look it up in the dict :)

--
Mathieu