Re: [xsl] Sorting and grouping unknown elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting and grouping unknown elements
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:59:07 +0200
Claus Jessing wrote:
Thanks David

Couldn't get your first example to work. I'm using javax.xml.transform
for the actual transformation and Eclipse tells me that for-each-group
is an unkown xsl element.

Your other example works just fine tho :-)

Thanks

That means you are using an XSLT 1.0 processor. Since you are using Java, consider upgrading to XSLT 2.0, it's a major step forward and makes grouping a breeze (i.e., it adds xsl:for-each-group and many other features, like regular expression matching, non-xml data retrieving, multiple result documents). See www.saxonica.com for the Java XSLT 2.0 processor Saxon (others are AltovaXML, non-java, non-opensource, and Gestalt, Eiffel, open source).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma