Re: [xsl] extending xsl with javascript

Subject: Re: [xsl] extending xsl with javascript
From: april@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:03:06 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

The branching logic refers to accessing different templates within a stylesheet depending on the usage scenario. For example:

<xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test=[$pageMode='List']>
      <xsl:call-template name='ListPage'/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test=[$pageMode='Edit']>
      <xsl:call-template name='EditPage'/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:call-template name='ErrorPage'/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

I'm sorry if I didn't give a good example of why I want to use JavaScript within XSL, but it was the best example I could think of at the moment.

For the example above, how would you populate the pageMode variable ($pageMode) via JavaScript?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
April