Re: [xsl] Record count

Subject: Re: [xsl] Record count
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:04:11 -0500
when asking questions on XSL-List, it is generally a good a idea to provide not only a code fragment (as you did) but also a sample of your input data and of the result you want. Without that, we need to guess what you want.

-- Tommie

Hello:

I need to print the number of records I looped thru in my for-each loop in the TRAILER record. I guess last() may do but variables dont seem to work out of the template scope. Please see the example below and I'll be greatful if you can suggest a solution:

 <xsl:template name="Header" match="/">
   <xsl:text>HEADER</xsl:text>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template name="Detail" match="/">
   <xsl:for-each select="Records/Record">
     <xsl:variable name="record_count" select="last()"/>
   </xsl:for-each>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template name="Trailer" match="/">
   <xsl:text>TRAILER</xsl:text>
   <xsl:value-of select="$record_count"/>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match ="/">
   <xsl:call-template name="Header"/>
   <xsl:call-template name="Detail"/>
   <xsl:call-template name="Trailer"/>
 </xsl:template>

Thanks.
-Waqar

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML