Re: [xsl] anyone know why the default xsl in IE sometimes manages to

Subject: Re: [xsl] anyone know why the default xsl in IE sometimes manages to
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:29:37 -0000
----- Original Message ----- From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 9:06 AM

On Nov 6, 2007 11:01 PM, Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bryan,

It's a DOM parser, not a SAX parser, although I think they cheat just a
little where the document is so large that SAX call-backs would make
the computer seem frozen.

MS offers a command line interface for the dll.  It may still be on
MSDN.  This offers timings as with Saxon ...  The timing makes the
transformation process a little less anxious.

Hi,

This really wasn't what I was asking about. The original question is
missing from the email so I think I will try again, hopefully being
clearer this time.

When you have a large XML document and you open it with IE, the XML is
rendered via a stylesheet saved in the msxml dll. This stylesheet is a
wd-xsl stylesheet but it can be replaced with an XSL-T stylesheet
since the stylesheet is just saved as a resource file.

Bryan

I have often wondered about that and your post finally prompted me find out more.
I have emailed my contact at Microsoft to see if they can shed any light on it.

Joe
http://joe.fawcett.name