Re: [xsl] XSL support of Bottom up transformations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL support of Bottom up transformations?
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:11:40 +0000
On 14/11/2007, Raghu Narayan Koratagere <raghu.k.n@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have specific business requirement where I need to transform the
> source tree bottom up. The reason being certain attribute of the
> parent node gets its value from a similarly caluclated child node. i.e
> I need to calculate a derived attribute of a child node before I can
> calculate the parent node's attribtue.
>
> Is such a requirement be addressed using XSL? If yes any pointers will
> be very helpful.

An example input and required output would be very helpful.

It's funny (well it would be funny if it wasnt' so annoying) - I'm
working with three ~60 page specs at the moment without a single
example.  As soon as I construct an example to say to the spec writers
"is this what you meant?" all the holes and ambiguities in the specs
become obvious.  "Business analysts" should realise that paragraphs
and paragraphs of text can be interpreted differently by the spec
writer, the developer, the test team and then the customer (and then
the lawyers) -  solutions should be described using test cases and not
fancy word documents that look good but are ultimately useless...

sorry for the rant

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com