Re: [xsl] RE: How to pass VBScript variable in XSL code

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: How to pass VBScript variable in XSL code
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:14:52 +0100
Nistala, Anu wrote:

I have a dropdown list populated from XML. Now, based on the
selection on the dropdown the onclick event is expected to display
the description of the function.  The idea is to get the index of the
selected list item and display the corresponding description node
from the XML. I have tried several ways to pass the value to the xsl
tags. I tried Concatenating the string "<xsl:value-of
select=""functiontitle/funcdef[" & i & "]/funcdesc"" />". This did
not work (obviously... xsl didn't like it).

I wouldn't use VBScript on the client as only IE/Win supports that. Consider to use JavaScript, then it is easy and works with Mozilla, IE and other browsers:
<URL:http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/xslt/test2007111404.xml>
Stylesheet used is <URL:http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/xslt/test2007111403Xsl.xml>

--

	Martin Honnen