RE: [xsl] recursive sorting by element name -> Xalan Issue

Subject: RE: [xsl] recursive sorting by element name -> Xalan Issue
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:40:21 -0000
> The only remaining issue I have appears to be with Xalan.
> When I serialize out a collection with JAXB, and apply the
> stylesheet (using code posted previously), it sorts
> everything and I have no missing attributes, except the
> DictionaryModelDescriptor node is now at the bottom of the
> file instead of the top.  When I run with xsltproc on
> mac/linux it places it at the top.
>
> Any idea why I get this behavior?

Yes. boolean(self::x) is true if the node is an x, false otherwise, Unary
minus converts that to a number and negates the number: so true becomes -1,
false becomes 0. You are then sorting that as a string, "-1" versus "0", and
the ordering these two strings depends on whether hyphens are considered
significant by the collating sequence in use. Xalan by default uses a
collating sequence in which hyphen is considered insignificant.

Change the sort to use data-type="number" and all should be well.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/