Re: [xsl] no closing tag on embed with if, attribute,

Subject: Re: [xsl] no closing tag on embed with if, attribute,
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 21:11:36 GMT
> Am I not doing something correctly here?

which xslt processor?

If the embed element were part of html, then it would presumably be an
empty element (like img) so in the html output method an XSLT processor
would not close it (as closing it would be an html syntax error)
If you want xml syntax rather than html use <xsl:output method="xml".

In XSLT2 the serialisation spec is explicit which elements this applies
to (and doesn't mention embed of course as it's a non-html element despite
being widely implemented) but I think the XSLT 1 spec gives an engine
suffient flexibility to treat ,embed> as an empty HTML element if it
defaults to a "version of html" such as "whatever set of tags netscape
implemented".

David