Re: [xsl] Illegal xml chars

Subject: Re: [xsl] Illegal xml chars
From: "Waqar Ali" <waqarali_pk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:47:17 -0500
Thanks Andrew for the quick response. I dont think MS has a version above 1.0.. Anyways I tried it and its not working.

From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:42:46 +0000

On 13/12/2007, Waqar Ali <waqarali_pk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have an illegal character in my xml (0x08 or ) and when I tries to
> transform it using xslt, the parser (MS .NET) gives me an error(hexadecimal
> value 0x08, is an invalid character). I tried everything: using different
> encoding, wrapping my xml data in CDATA tags but nothing seems
> to be working. What do you suggest?
>
> I may end up removing the illegal chars manually using a regular expression.
> Do you know one which can remove  and other illegal chars from the xml?

You might be able to use XML 1.1 if your parser supports it...

(to use XML 1.1 set the version attribute  eg <?xml version="1.1"
encoding="UTF-8"?>)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com