Re: [xsl] xsl-fo hidden areas within pdf

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl-fo hidden areas within pdf
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:04:22 +0100
From what I remember, I believe this is possible in PDF. But from what I know of FOP, it has never implemented such features. I don't know about the commercial ones though.

If you want a more determined answer, I can advice you to try the FOP mailing list, which is quite responsive recently.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

PS: what you want it easy in HTML using CSS.

Werner Putzhuber wrote:
hi @ll!

i'm new to this list so i'm not aware that someone maybe has asked the
same before (i've had a look at the archive).

my question is:
i want to produce a pdf version of a document from an xml-file which
works fine in general (using apache fop 0.94). i would like to have some
areas visible within the viewing of the pdf file but those areas should
not be printed. is this possible? if yes: could you please provide me
with some details?

thanks in advance
  werner