Re: [xsl] XML File Lister for Apache Ant

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML File Lister for Apache Ant
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:27:44 +0000
On 04/01/2008, Anthony B. Coates (XSL-List)
<abcoatesecure-xsllist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I often find myself in situations where I need to process a group of XML
> files with a single XSLT script.

It's a really common requirement - thankfully there's the collection()
function in XSLT 2.0 which makes it really straightforward - one of
the "killer-app" features of 2.0 in my opinion, if not the best of the
lot.  Whether it was intended or just there because of XQuery would be
interesting to know...

Sadly it loses it's usefulness for large data sets without an
extension like saxon:discard-document... but you never know as it's
implementation defined something may emerge where the documents are
discarded by default.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com