RE: [xsl] Sorting and Grouping Alphabetically: Two Levels

Subject: RE: [xsl] Sorting and Grouping Alphabetically: Two Levels
From: <Trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:28:14 -0500
>blugh which processor are you using?
.NET XSL processor (xsl 1) supplied with Visual Studio.NET 2003. It's
sad, I know...

>the structure of the xslt for text is (or can be) very different.
>Consider just one step of your problem adding a blank line between
>letters (assuming sorting is done.
>
>If you are just generating text, you don't need to group anything, you
>just need to put out a blank line every now and then
>
><xsl:for-each seelct="*">
><xsl:value-of select="."/>
><xsl:if
tests="not(substring(.,1,1)=substring(following-sibling::*[1],1,1))">&#1
0;</xsl:if>
></xsl:for-each>

this is actually what i was doing, EXCEPT the problem I was/am having is
that "following-sibling" ignores the sort imposed by xsl:sort. Which is
exactly how I ended up down the xsl:key path. I thought by organizing
the data with keys, I could trick the xsl into finding the post-sort
following-sibling. Isn't that the case?

Trish