RE: [xsl] newbie xsl apply-templates nesting question

Subject: RE: [xsl] newbie xsl apply-templates nesting question
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:54:59 -0500
John,

At 01:12 PM 1/8/2008, you wrote:
it works just like you said it would [but i bet you knew that already].
i have also ordered that lenz book.

That's cool.

As long as you're ordering books -- while the Lenz book is excellent for beginners and for daily quick-reference use, the must-have title for serious XSLT developers should also be mentioned, Michael Kay's XSLT Programmer's Reference (Wrox). The 1.0 Reference (in its 2nd edition) is still in print AFAIK, while two separate volumes cover XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 respectively. These treatments cover things in much greater depth (and will take a correspondingly greater space on your shelf).

i don't know how you view the world, but i would say you have gained
good karma through your generous act.

That's very kind of you to say, although my generosity, such as it is, is fairly routine for XSL-List (as I hope you'll see).

Not that I'm not grateful for the good karma: one never knows when one is going to need some of that.

Cheers,
Wendell