Re: [xsl] parser error with CDATA string '&a'

Subject: Re: [xsl] parser error with CDATA string '&a'
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:15:13 -0500
At 2008-03-01 16:07 +0100, Werner Remmers wrote:
I'm trying to transform an XML document that contains elements like this one:

<url_download>www.example.com?var=1&a=3</url_download>

That isn't an XML document because it is not well formed.

But this is what I get from Saxon 9:

SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: The reference to entity "a" must end with the ';' delimiter.

I already tried to wrap the content of the element in CDATA, like this:

<url_download><![CDATA[www.example.com?var=1&a=3]]></url_download>

Unfortunately this doesn't work too.

When you say it doesn't work, in what way does it not work? It is now well-formed. And to confirm it, the XML processor I use does not report any errors.

An alternative would be:

<url_download>www.example.com?var=1&amp;a=3</url_download>

I hope this helps.