Re: [xsl] replacing diacritical marks with combining unicode characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] replacing diacritical marks with combining unicode characters
From: John Snelson <john.snelson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:59:17 +0000
Hi Terry,

The function fn:normalize-unicode() will do what you want, with a second argument of "NFC".

John

Terry Ofner wrote:
I have input with many dictionary entries, including copy such as this edited pronunciation key:

I need to replace the non-combining characters such as the breve K (&#728;) with the combining form: (&#774;). Is there a way to set up a table so that when the processor encounters the &#728; character it will swap it for the &#774;? Will an ENTITY listing work? Is so, where does one put such an entity listing?

Terry

-- John Snelson, Oracle Corporation http://snelson.org.uk/john Berkeley DB XML: http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db/xml XQilla: http://xqilla.sourceforge.net