Re: [xsl] Testing for a specific word in a string

Subject: Re: [xsl] Testing for a specific word in a string
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:26:25 +0100
Aaron Johnson wrote:

I have a set of tests which assign various parameters. Sometimes the
string values are similar and require the same variable to be used.

<xsl:when test="($tabName = 'Pilot')">pilotTab</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="($tabName = 'Pilot 2')">pilotTab</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="($tabName = 'Pilot 3')">pilotTab</xsl:when>

Instead of replicating the test over and over, I would like to extend
the test to check for the word 'pilot' and so do away with repetition.
I have tried various ways including 'contains' and 'begins-with' but I
can't get it to work.

<xsl:when test="starts-with($tabName, 'Pilot')">pilotTab</xsl:when>
should do. Or
<xsl:when test="contains($tabName, 'Pilot')">pilotTab</xsl:when>
If that does not work for you then you need to provide details like error message(s) you get, the input you have.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/