Re: [xsl] Why Are My Tunnel Parameters Not Working?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why Are My Tunnel Parameters Not Working?
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:32:22 +0100 (CET)
Eliot Kimber wrote:

>    <xsl:template match="/">
>      <xsl:apply-templates>
>        <xsl:with-param name="baseOutDir"
>              select="$outdirVar"
>              tunnel="yes"
>              as="xs:string"/>
>      </xsl:apply-templates>
>    </xsl:template>

>      <xsl:variable name="targetDoc"
>           select="document($targetUrl, .)"
>           as="document-node()?"/>

>        <xsl:apply-templates select="$targetDoc">
>          <xsl:with-param name="baseOutDir"
>               select="$newBase" tunnel="yes" as="xs:string"/>
>        </xsl:apply-templates>

  The way you set another value for the tunnel parameter is when you
apply templates to $targetDoc, a document node.  So the template rule
matching "/" is applied.  And it sets in its turn the tunnel parameter
to the value of a global variable (so always the same value.)

  I am not sure what exactly you need in your exact transform, but the
following should work I guess:

    <xsl:apply-templates select="$targetDoc/*">

  Regards,

--drkm