Re: [xsl] No of Times Named Template called

Subject: Re: [xsl] No of Times Named Template called
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:04:12 +0530
Supposing your input XML document is:

<input>
   <x>S</x>
   <x>F</x>
</input>

And you call the named template as below:

<xsl:template match="/input">
  <xsl:variable name="result">
    <xsl:call-template name="STATUS_DETECTION">
      <xsl:with-param name="my-param" select="x" />
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:variable name="no-of-S"
select="count($result/img[contains(@src, 'success')])" />
  <xsl:variable name="no-of-Other"
select="count($result/img[contains(@src, 'failure')])" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="STATUS_DETECTION">
  <xsl:param name="my-param" />
  <!-- more code -->
</xsl:template>

After execution of this code, the variables 'no-of-S' and
'no-of-Other' will contain the desired counts.

This should work fine with XSLT 2.0.

If you are using XSLT 1.0, then count($result .. would throw an error.
With XSLT 1.0, you would have to use count(xx:node-set($result ..

(This is not tested)

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi