Re: [xsl] XSLT verbosity (atan2)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT verbosity (atan2)
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 06:34:37 -0700
It is not necessary at all to use any extension functions.

Use the FXSL function f:arctan(), which is written completely in XSLT.

Here is an example:

When this transformation is applied on any xml document (ignored):

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
 xmlns:f="http://fxsl.sf.net/";

  <xsl:import href="../f/func-arcTrignm.xsl" />

  <xsl:output method="text"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:for-each select="1 to 10">
       <xsl:value-of select="f:arctan(1 div ., 0.000001, 'deg')"/>
       <xsl:text>&#xA;</xsl:text>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

the result is:

45.000000000560625
26.565053176898004
18.434948193902347
14.036242861145283
11.309932383859845
9.462322136978774
8.130102294470776
7.125016296527626
6.340191698516003
5.710593093647205

I can see when calculating 1000 different values of f:arctan(), that
it takes arround 5 milliseconds per single calculation (and this
includes the time to output the 1000-line result)

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev